Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thank you, BA in B.S.

I had to write a paragraph introduction to be placed on the school's Web site with my picture, basically detailing how much I love teaching. I'm not into lying (thank goodness for my pr degree), so this is what I came up with:

Hello, I'm -----, born in and raised near Dallas, Texas. I graduated from the University of North Texas in 2008 with a journalism public relations degree. Teaching came as an unexpected opportunity,* and I have been doing so in Korea since November 2009. I find ---- School students are the most amazing I have met.** I expect the coming school year to hold a lot of excitement in store.***

*Read: I have no desire to teach and do not enjoy it.
**They amaze me with their raised-by-wolves behavior, disrespect, and lack of common sense.
***This is the part where I don't say how much I look forward to teaching your children...because I don't, and where I don't explicitly state whether I intend to fulfill my contract...because I don't.

What a fun writing exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment