Saturday, March 20, 2010

Miscellany

~Yesterday I finished my last day of training at the new job and will start teaching next week. Highlights include a pre-k student named Princess, a middle school boy named Joy, and a pre-k student getting a handful of boob on my second day. I thought she was going for my hair (which a lot of them do and I don't mind), but now I know better and will watch her hands in the future. Funny how only the girls ever go for my chest. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

~Last night I went for pizza with the other foreign teacher from Texas (Houston) and a new Korean teacher. They've been teaching one another new words, and the word of the day was "진짜?" (Really?) Surprisingly useful, one can use it in response to nearly any statement. In getting to know one another, we certainly ensured its overuse.

~This is my third migraine this week. :0(


~I counted 4 puddles of vomit within a 20 meter radius on my way home tonight.

~I had to get up at 6:30 this morning to be at work by 8 a.m. ON A SATURDAY to attend a workshop until 4 p.m. though we didn't get back until after 5. While I was not taking notes about how to read a syllabus, I was compelled to compose a scathing piece of poetry about Korea that I'm looking forward to editing and posting tomorrow.

~I saw a bumper sticker on a car today that read "I am KOREAN." "진짜?" I thought, but I don't think there's such a thing as sarcasm, so the joke is really only funny to me. I've been told Korean humor is limited to slapstick and poop, and I've seen nothing to the contrary on TV and in advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment