Thursday, November 26, 2009

OH EM EFFING GEE!

In one class today, we were learning about music genres with audio examples. I pressed "play," and the first example was a well-known classical piece I can't name because I'm just not very cultured. The rock example was Bon Jovi's "It's my Life." Pretty cool; I'm bobbing my head. Next is a smooth jazz example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-qN6TCY85c
0:33- 0:40

Example number four blares out, "And I was like, good gracious/ That ass is bodacious..." Picture my jaw on the floor. Shifty eyes- left, right, left. OK, none of these kids know what just happened other than they should write "rap" in the appropriate blank in their book. Now, the question is: Do I tell someone this is inappropriate? Or do I just leave it as a surprise for the next English teacher who rolls through this program?

I think the answer is clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment