Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Running

Tonight I ran 3.5 miles in about 45 min for a 12:53 min/mi pace. Setting out, my goal was to do intervals of 10 minutes running and 5 walking for an hour. After two reps, I did 8 minutes running, 5 walking, and 7 more running before my cool down. I'd say that's a damn good baseline upon which to improve.

Unfortunately, on a pain scale of 1 to 10 with 8 being high enough for me to give up and hobble home, my left knee was at about a 6.5 or 7. I'll have to go out and buy a second knee brace before I run again. (I already wear a pretty bulky one on my right because my kneecaps are crooked.) Also my stride is super wonky, so I'll probably start wearing my ankle braces and arch supports to hopefully straighten things out.

What I want to know is this: Do I get to count extra calories burned for spending a quarter of my time darting like a gazelle around all the fucking Koreans blocking the path, even checking some of them like a pro futballer? I may have to start running in the morning— hopefully the trail is less crowded at 7 a.m. than 8 p.m.

Also, how can I tell when I've stretched enough *after* my run? And how do you say "Move your fucking ass!" in Korean?

No comments:

Post a Comment