Friday, February 19, 2010

Interview #1

I had an interview today at a beautiful hagwon, cleaner, nicer, and bigger than mine, and there are other foreign teachers! The salary is better but the hours are possibly the longest in the country, and it comes down to the same pay hourly. But I had lunch with the foreign teachers, and their ONLY complaint was the hours. Otherwise, they actually LIKE their jobs. Their kids are cute and great and NICE! The position's mine if I want it, but I told my boss I'd like some more options and asked him to keep looking.

When I left work today, the severity of my situation really hit me. I'm trying to tell myself this is all a blessing in disguise.

1 comment:

  1. More hours for more pay isn't an entirely bad thing, but then I'm used to working 45-50 hours a week (for no more pay than for 40).

    Anyway, best wishes for your job search.

    ReplyDelete