Friday, January 15, 2010

Thinking about the DMZ

Upon meeting nearly anyone over here, foreigners and natives alike, I ask what they recommend I see while in Korea. The DMZ is at the top of everybody's list (along with Jeju-Do). There are innumerable tour agencies headed there daily, most at good prices, too. The DMZ is perhaps the number one tourist attraction in Korea.
dmz tour 039
The problem is every time I go to look at tour information, I'm not sure why anyone would want to go at all because my mind still associates the DMZ as this:
For some reason, I just can't wrap my head around the DMZ being a tourist destination. Am I the only one who thinks that's at least a little messed up?

(Holy crap, I can't believe my coding was actually perfect on my first try and needed no editing. I am amazing.)

Note: All images lifted shamelessly from Google. All rights belong to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment