Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Typical Korean b.s.

Yesterday our morning classes went on a field trip for some sort of sex-ed presentation. We native teachers didn't go, but we still had to come into work at 9 a.m. to clean whiteboards. How long do you think it takes four teachers to clean eight whiteboards? The answer is not three hours.

So I brought in my laptop and cranked out three travel articles for a new Web site, 1122 words in about an hour, and I was feeling sluggish and uninspired.

As it turns out, the spray cleaners we were given to use on the whiteboards should absolutely not ever be used on whiteboards. After a single writing on the newly cleaned boards, the erasers fail to erase anything and now leave horrendous black streaks worse than any ink accumulation *before* the so-called "cleaning." Super.

2 comments:

  1. whatever that spray is, they must have used it once at my old school. I left one friday with perfectly good boards and came back on Monday with terrible, impossible to erase boards....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh blimey, that made me chuckle! Typical Korean BS indeed.

    ReplyDelete