Friday, September 2, 2011

What am I doing?

I work in the call center for an insurance brokerage agency. I'm in charge of the appointment setters, myself included, who cold-call old folks to try to schedule them for appointments with our agents who will then try to sell them health insurance and/or death insurance. I do a little bit of paperwork around the office, mostly creating training materials and document templates since the business is new. Today I even recorded our voice mail message. Exciting stuff, huh?

I've also just begun an internship as a content writer for a Plano blog. Boss man's gonna teach me a bit about SEO optimization and detailed blog publishing, lots of good stuff to tack onto my resume, and has promised a glowing recommendation for future job endeavors.

Lastly, I'm teaching a burlesque dance class once a week and looking into a few other studios to teach also a belly dance drills and conditioning class, more fitness than choreography focused. I really enjoy it, so hopefully that will work out for me.

In my free time, I've been hanging out and performing with a local circus club. My most recent piece was a gold-sequined burlesque performance. The pics look great so far and I can't wait to see the video go up. I met a Dallas burlesque performer last week who's booking me to dance at a few events in the coming months. I'm pretty excited about where this all could be headed.

I placed third at the Emerald Hills Dragon Master arts competition last Sunday. It's held every 6 months and I only had 1 month to prepare. I only intended to make a showing of a handful of items (3 photographs, a painted tile, 2 written articles, a fire poi performance, and a belly dance), but they all scored pretty well. Yay me. Just imagine the next time around when I have time to put more effort into things.

Anyway, that's it for now. I'll let you know if anything exciting happens over the holiday weekend, but I have no plans outside of pet-sitting and am looking forward to some dullness.

No comments:

Post a Comment