Monday, July 11, 2011

Desperation

Last night I interviewed with a recruiter about going back to Korea. I'm currently job hunting here and willing to relocate pretty much anywhere, but I don't have high hopes. I'm applying for copy editing, copy writing, portrait studios, even dance instructor positions, but it's really hard to get experience without experience. Blurgh.

If I can't find something by the end of the year, I'll probably go back to Korea for the spring semester. I'm looking at Changwon on the southern coast because my best friend is starting there in September, and the winters are a lot milder, which could make all the difference in my enjoyment of the Hermit Kingdom: Round 2.

Tomorrow I'm attending a workshop at my university's career center: "Alumni in Career Transition: Re-entering the Workforce after a Layoff or Time Away" My fingers are crossed, hoping I'll learn something useful. Presently, I'm writing this because I can't quite work up the motivation to bang out another cover letter. It's not as if it would really take very long, but starting is a pain in the ass.

I'm also finding a number of job listings that require PDFs of my past newspaper designs, but I'm not sure I can find any. It's been three years since I did it, and I don't even remember which pages I designed, though I worked on an awful lot of them while I was at UNT. I guess I'll dig through the archives and see if I can come up with anything. Blurgh.

1 comment: