Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pain

I was walking out the building when I slipped and fell on the marble stairs, landed on my ankle, and heard a pop. The stairs were soaked because one of the other businesses had spilled something and failed to clean it up. (I never take the stairs when it's raining.) I am eternally grateful one of my students had chosen to walk out with me and was able to help me up. But she slipped a flight later. Luckily she was OK, whereas I walked home openly sobbing like a little girl.

After a few hours of ice and a bottle of soju instead of dinner, the swelling is minimal. Again, I am eternally grateful it is not broken or sprained, but it still hurts like hell and is going to put a damper on my weekend, sidelining me for the mud obstacle course.

It doesn't help that I have weird emotional overreactions to injury and illness and am struggling with this one.

*Fingers crossed for a lightning quick recovery*

4 comments:

  1. Well, it sounds like it probably is sprained, albeit perhaps a relatively mild one. I just found out I have a small hairline fracture in my toe, so no taekwondo for a couple of weeks for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you recover quickly. You've got miles to run, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I found your blog when I did a google search. I'm thinking about traveling to South Korea for two weeks in late Sept/early Oct (I was born in Korea and adopted when I was 18 months old and grew up in Pittsburgh, PA). I really want to return to my home land, but I'm terrified of traveling abroad by myself and not knowing anything about Korean culture, language, etc.

    I was hoping you could help me? Maybe answer any questions I have or give me some feedback/advice on what it's like traveling to Korea and adjusting to the culture??

    My e-mail is: knh1383@gmail.com

    I hope to hear from you soon!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! If it makes you feel any better, I've fallen down the stairs twice since I've been in Korea, the first time resulting in a broken bone and the second time a very, very sore back! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete